The Customer Service Associate is a key member of the BioOne team, reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing and working collaboratively with all other staff. Though broad in scope, the primary directives of this position are to provide comprehensive operational support for the sales team and front-line customer service to BioOne’s worldwide professional customer base, which consists primarily of librarians at academic and research institutions. Critically, this includes working extensively in BioOne’s CRM and financial systems, and liaising with BioOne’s external sales partners.
This role is designed for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and customer service-focused individual with experience managing customer data and financial transactions. While understanding of the institutional library market would be beneficial, it is not required. More important is the ability to accurately and efficiently work in a CRM environment (Microsoft Dynamics) and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- In this role, the Customer Service Associate will:
Manage BioOne customer data within the CRM, including that for accounts, users, sales, pipeline, and product information, ensuring data quality and accuracy
- Prepare and deliver reports derived from CRM data including monthly financial reports, operational sales reports, and other custom reports as needed to inform the sales team and support department objectives
- Create and process invoices for all customers answering internal and external questions
- Process incoming payments including reconciliation against financial statements and maintenance of vendor portals
- Act as primary point of contact for institutional library subscribers and end users, providing customer service regarding access, navigation, and general information, escalating and liaising with BioOne’s technical support team as necessary
- Manage subscription access and authentication for customers and partners
- Support business development with establishment and monitoring of trial subscriptions and help with customer onboarding
- Aid customer retention efforts, prepare annual renewal quotations in collaboration with sales team, monitor renewal progress
- Support relationships with external sales partners
- Ensure efficiency and contribute to bench strength by refining workflow and maintaining process documentation
- Other activities as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience, in a B2B customer service or financial support role (a plus if within the academic market)
- Must have a solid understanding of CRM systems, data handling, and basic financial reconciliations, with the desire to extend expertise over time
- Positive, solution-oriented self-starter; highly organized with the desire to instill efficiencies and best practices
- Strong customer-service and community-support work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; thorough attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a communicative member of a fast-paced, distributed team
- Professional, responsible demeanor and ability to work with confidential, financial, and sensitive information across a global, diverse community
- Technically savvy with the ability and desire to fill any gaps (i.e. learn new systems) as needed and with limited direction. Advanced Excel, Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM required. Library discovery services a plus.
Base salary commensurate with requirements and experience. Exceptional benefits including 15% retirement contribution; paid individual coverage for health, dental, and vision; a monthly technology reimbursement; access to professional development funds; 22 days PTO plus holidays; and more.
This full-time position can be performed remotely/virtually from anywhere in the US. Must have existing authorization to work in the US. If in the Washington, DC area, office space is available at BioOne HQ for flex work.
Occasional travel (3-4 trips per year, subject to travel restrictions and safety considerations) may be required to attend staff and relevant partner meetings. Engagement with industry membership groups and other opportunities for ongoing professional development, are fully supported by BioOne.
To apply, please submit 1) a copy of your current resume or brief CV and 2) a 1-2 page cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for this role, citing specific examples. Documents should be sent as a single PDF (titled by last and first name) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Customer Service Associate Application”. The deadline for applications is May 20, 2022. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
BioOne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BioOne provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
If you are an applicant with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.