BioOne Welcomes New and Returning Publishers
BioOne (www.bioone.org) is pleased to welcome five titles and their respective nonprofit publishers to the 2012 BioOne Collections. In addition to new titles from China (Chinese Academy of Sciences), Finland (Finnish Zoological and Botanical Publishing Board), and South Africa (Natal Museum), we are delighted to welcome back the Society for the Study of Reproduction and their prestigious journal, Biology of Reproduction. ??
The Society for the Study of Reproduction was one of BioOne’s inaugural participants in 2001, ceasing current participation in 2006. With their re-entry into the collection, 2012 BioOne subscribers will receive access to all Biology of Reproduction content from 2000 through the present.
In 2012 BioOne will be home to 171 total publications, 120 of which (70%) are ISI-ranked. Furthermore, 60 of BioOne’s titles (35%) have their current content available online exclusively through the BioOne platform, and 35 titles (21%) are based outside of the US. In addition to its two subscribed collections, BioOne is home to twelve open access publications, freely available to all users.
We are delighted to add these five publications to BioOne in 2012, enhancing the aggregation’s value and reputation as a cost-effective, critical resource encompassing the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences. To learn more about BioOne, we invite you to read our newly published history, Ten Years of Sustainable Publishing, available for download at www.bioone.org/page/tenyearhistory. For subscription or trial information, please visit the BioOne website at or contact your local BioOne agent.
New Title Information
The following titles will make their debut in BioOne (in BioOne.1 and BioOne Complete) on January 3, 2012. Title lists in a variety of formats are available for download on the BioOne website.
- African Invertebrates, published by the Natal Museum, South Africa
- Annales Botanici Fennici, published by the Finnish Zoological and Botanical Publishing Board
- Annales Zoologici Fennici, published by the Finnish Zoological and Botanical Publishing Board
- Biology of Reproduction, published by the Society for the Study of Reproduction
- Journal of Resources and Ecology, published by the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Effective January 2012, the following titles will cease adding new content to BioOne. In accordance with both BioOne standard policy and Project Transfer guidelines, all issues previously hosted on BioOne from departing titles will remain accessible to subscribers in perpetuity.
- Ambio, published by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (from BioOne.1; to Springer)
- The Canadian Entomologist, published by the Entomological Society of Canada (from BioOne.2; to Cambridge University Press)
- Journal of Wildlife Management and Wildlife Monographs, published by The Wildlife Society (from BioOne.1; to Wiley)
Publication Name Change
Effective January 2012, Journal of the North American Benthological Society, published by the North American Benthological Society, will be published under the new title of Freshwater Science. The Society has also undergone a name change, to the Society for Freshwater Science. More information is available at www.freshwater-science.org.