BioOne Ambassador Award
The inaugural BioOne Ambassador Award recognizes early career authors working to communicate the importance and impact of their focused research to communities beyond their fields of expertise. The award provides BioOne publishing partners the opportunity to spotlight rising scholars who contribute to their journals.
Publisher Nominations Are Open
In 2018, up to five individuals selected from the pool of nominees will receive a $1,000 (USD) cash award, among other benefits of this honor.
Consider the following award criteria to determine if an author is eligible for nomination.
To nominate an author for the BioOne Ambassador Award, please include the following information in an email to Caroline@BioOne.org:
- Early career researcher: graduate student or within five years of completing their PhD.
- Published an influential scientific article in a BioOne Complete journal during 2017 (note, this is not intended for papers that were initially written for a general or broader audience).
- Nomination must be made by a current BioOne publishing partner.
- If nominated the individual is willing to provide a short description of how the results of their work impact the public.
- Name of your publication
- Full name of nominee
- Email address of nominee
- Title of article and issue number
BioOne Ambassador Award recipients are selected on the basis of their ability to communicate the impact of their research both outside of their specific discipline and to the general public. Award nominations are accepted on a continuing basis through March 30, 2018.
Qualifying nominees will be invited to submit a maximum 250 word response due by May 31, 2018. The winners will be announced on July 31, 2018.