BioOne Ambassador Award
The BioOne Ambassador Award recognizes early career authors working to communicate the importance and impact of their research to communities beyond their fields of expertise. Current BioOne publishing partners nominate rising scholars contributing to their journals who,
- are graduate students, or within five years of receiving their post-doctorate degree; and,
- published an article in a BioOne Complete journal during 2017.
Nominees submit a short response to the question: How do the results of your work apply across disciplines? The winning entries engage readers by highlighting the broader impact of the research at a local or global level and authors receive a $1,000 cash award.
BioOne is honored to showcase the talent of the newest generation of researchers, and we invite you to celebrate with us. 2018 Ambassador Award Winners →
Ambassador Award Nomination Guidelines The following criteria is required for nomination.
- Early career researcher: graduate student or within five years of completing their PhD.
- Published an influential scientific article in a BioOne Complete journal during 2017 (note, this is not intended for papers that were initially written for a general or broader audience).
- Nomination must be made by a current BioOne publishing partner.
- If nominated the individual is willing to provide a short description of how the results of their work impact the public.
BioOne Ambassador Award recipients are selected on the basis of their ability to communicate the impact of their research both outside of their specific discipline and to the general public.
Qualifying nominees will be invited to submit a maximum 250 word response. Up to five individuals selected from the pool of nominees receive a $1,000 (USD) cash award, among other benefits of this honor.