BioOne Ambassador Award
The BioOne Ambassador Award recognizes early career authors dedicated to communicating the importance and impact of their research to the public.
Current BioOne publishing partners nominate rising scholars contributing to their journals who meet the following criteria:
- be a current graduate student, or are within five years of having completed a graduate degree (e.g., Master's, Ph.D.)
- published an article in an active BioOne Complete journal during 2019
Nominees submit a short response to the question: What are the broader implications of your work, and how does your work impact the public at large? The winning entries highlight the importance of their research at a local or global level, and authors receive a $1,000 cash award.
BioOne is honored to showcase the talent of the newest generation of researchers, and we invite you to celebrate with us.
Ambassador Award Nomination Guidelines
Nominations for 2020 are open January 21 through February 21.
Nominees must meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the BioOne Ambassador Award:
- The nominee must be an early career researcher: graduate student or within five years of completing a graduate degree (Master's, Ph.D.).
- The nominee must have published an influential scientific article in an active BioOne Complete journal during 2019.
- A current BioOne publishing partner must make the nomination.
- The nominated individual must provide a short description of how the results of their work impact the public.
See these tips for constructing a winning submission.
BioOne Ambassador Award recipients are selected on the basis of their ability to communicate the impact of their research both outside of their specific discipline and to the general public.
Qualifying nominees will be invited to submit a maximum 250 word response. Up to five individuals selected from the pool of nominees will receive a $1,000 (USD) cash award, among other benefits of this honor.
Nominations open January 21.